Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Conquering the Cornice

This was hanging in our room.
I wasn't crazy about it.
So I had Marc take it down.
Here it is in the garage before Marc mowed over it with his pickup.
It was really dirty.
Dust Bunny?  More like Dust Big Brown Bear.
Pledge?  Pledge??? Pledge!!!!!
I took all the fabric off it, and Monica helped me staple on new fabric.
I got a new staple gun.  It shoots nails.  But it doesn't shoot nails into wood.
And I painted over the tire tracks left after Marc mowed over it with his pickup.
Here's that one photo of it in our bedroom floor by the neglected treadmill.
I couldn't get it put back together.
Then Papa Larry and Mary came to visit and see the kids.
When Larry and Marc left to watch a football game, 
Mary looked at the cornice said, "We can do this."
And I said, "Whatever Crazy Lady."
Just kidding,
I said, "O.K."
And we proceeded to spend about 2 hours
  • tapping in tiny nails.
  • splitting wood.
  • pulling out tiny nails.
  • discussion and problem solving.
  • changing the tiny nails to new spots.
  • higher level thinking (ouch-that was less painful in my teens.)
  • late night Wal-Mart run for hardware and a new tool.
  • and finally, hanging this lovely (yet cumbersome) creature.
 
Conrad calls it, "That snowflake thing."
I think I'll dust it every so often.
Or vacuum it.
Very delicately.
As to not disturb any of those tiny nails.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It looks so fresh and clean and beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete