Sunday, September 19, 2010

Awning

The heat...it's September.  Why...so...hot????
Today brought a new project.  Outside of Carly's room, there was an old awning.  It was shredded and had turned into a hornet habitat. 
(I hate when I cannot find a before photo.)
Didn't take a "before pic."  Just use your imagination.

My mom helped us take it down.  She has never been a fan of ripped fabric.
The frame was still in good shape.

Then she found an awning place in Fort Worth that replicated it.
That was really nice of her.
Marc and I spent a great deal of time sweating it out trying to figure out how to put it back up.
I, for one, considered running away at one point.
But considering how bad I smelled (did I mention that sour rainwater spilled on me?  And I was wearing my "dog poop" shoes?) - I figured no one would take me in.

We considered taking the frame down all together.
We tried a multitude of tools.
We tried sheer force.
Then we tried gently sliding it in, 
which worked.

New awning.    Same old ladder.
You use zip-ties to hold it onto the frame.
Underneath shot.

And there you have it.  Another drop in the bucket.

1 comment:

  1. It looks good and really does provide lots of shade. Sorry about the sour rainwater, heat, etc. Your showplace is coming together!

    ReplyDelete