Monday, September 6, 2010

Seeing Red

Someone took great care in painting the kitchen candy-apple red (faux finish.)
I like red.  It's my favorite color.  So I thought I'd be able to live with this for awhile.
But, like my step-father said, "It's shouting at me.  EAT!" 
I laughed, and added other things I thought it was shouting. 
Then I compared it to "the walls of hell." 
After that, I knew I had to paint it immediately.

Phase one:  picking out a color.

 It took me forever to choose.
And I began to wonder if Ace Hardware was growing bitter 
with my visits to raid the swatches.

Phase two:  spackle
It's like reverse acne.

Phase 3:  Wow.  I'm too lazy to go buy a tray liner.
That, my friends, is tin-foil and painting tape.
As if you have ever doubted my sanity...

Phases 4-6:  Prime, coat 1, coat 2

Final product:  A red I can live with.
 
The ladder is becoming quite the popular family member.
She might need her own photo album soon.
And an 8x10 of her on our wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment