Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Open Letter to Power Tools

Dear Power Tools,
You never work when I need you to.
I can never find all of your parts.
Much less find you in that stoopid garage closet.
Amidst the golf clubs, racketball rackets, and lawn equipment.
We don't even play racketball (since 1999.)
If I do find you and your parts, your battery is not charged.
Or your cord doesn't reach.
Or your bit isn't long enough.
Or it breaks off into the wall and I have to find another tool.
With which to pry the bit out.
Oh great, now it is bent.

Well, I am suggesting a truce.
You can sit in the garage closet and hang out with your friends.
Get dusty.
Relax.
And enjoy the rust as it sets in.
Because I am calling in the experts.
I will pay people, and their tools,
to do what we cannot.
Your "friend,"
Molly

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!


    power tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff says he likes the way you vent your frustration.

    ReplyDelete