Sunday, October 3, 2010

Maintaining your cheery disposition.

I am currently painting the kids bathroom, including the cabinets.
I started out happy.
And am growing frustrated.
So I am generating a list in my head for fun.


Things you need to paint your bathroom
  • paint & primer
  • good quality paint brushes of all sizes
  • frog tape
  • sand paper
  • caulk, screwdrivers, etc.

Things you need to paint your bathroom
while maintaining your cheery disposition*
(*assuming you have a cheery disposition to start with)
  • teeny tiny hands
 
Barbie will be more than happy to help you paint the itty bitty spots.






  • a contortionist

He'll do.  One foot on the toilet, one on the bathtub.  Now paint that top edge while ducking to avoid the ceiling.
  • Poison Control

I managed to eat paint.  Twice.
  • Strong Antidepressants
Or a margarita machine.  Whatever works for you.

  • A roller derby chick.
Don't invite her in.  Just ask to borrow her knee pads.  You'll be glad you have them when you are crouched down trying to paint behind the toilet.
  •  A professional contractor
Me, "Can you fix drywall and rehang my towel rack?"

  • Someone to entertain the kids.
Now let's leave your mother alone for a bit.  We'll go play an educational game in the other room!


 I didn't have any of these things.
And that's why I do not have a cheery disposition.
Anymore.
Because I had one to start with.
Really.







2 comments:

  1. Sniffing all that paint has made you even funnier! Love the Mary Poppins reference..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are a great addition to your comments. Agree with Monica.

    ReplyDelete