Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another Brass Frame Painted

A couple of weeks ago, I painted our fireplace frame.  This marks my forth consecutive fireplace frame spray-painting.  We have owned 5 homes.  That is a ratio of 4/5.
Actually, our first home didn't even have a fireplace.
I used some steel wool to scratch the lovely golden surface and taped some newspaper to the glass.
Carly was making the rounds in the neighborhood with her school fundraiser.  Poor neighbors.  You can't resist that smile.
Final product.  Let's be honest here - this room is still ugly.
This is the last large room that I need to paint.
There's so much...
WOOD....
It's too woody.  Or woodsy.  Or whatever.
Plus with the tree and the bird and the wheat.
I'm feeling a little lumberjackish.
Which is not the look I am going for.
I am un-inspired.  Ideas?
Maybe I can find some plaid flannel wallpaper to complete the look?
And I can order some wall words that say:
"How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood."
And I can order one of these 4' chainsaw bears - for the  corner.

Here's a video of me spraypainting.
Why?  I don't know.
Watch it, then give me some ideas for my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment