Monday, November 1, 2010

Twilight Zone

I decided to take an alternate route to school this morning, 
which led me around the front of our home (we park in the back.) 
To my surprise, this is what I saw:


Photo taken early this morning from low-tech cell phone



It is not uncommon for us to rush out in the mornings and leave a few lights on.  
I suppose we left our upstairs lights on this morning.

Only problem is...

We don't have an upstairs.  

Those windows up there with the blinds on them?  
Those are dormers.  
They are not even visible from the attic.  
They are just kind of "stuck on" the roof. 
For your comparison and contrast:  Photo in daylight courtesy of Google Maps.

Which leads me to wonder...who exactly is living up there?  
And should we be charging rent?  
And why do I have to get up and go to work BEFORE the crack of dawn 
when these slakers are obviously just rising for their morning coffee 
and watching the Today Show? 

And, in the words of my Gramma Susie,
I'm feeling like a "fraidy cat"
and am concerned that maybe the previous owners,
know some secret passage way and are living up there.

Do you think they'll change the light bulbs when they burn out?
I think that would be a fair trade-off.
Don't you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking one of the dormer's lights has already gone out? The next time we come to visit, I am SOO making Bryon try to get in to see exactly what is up there!

    ReplyDelete