Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Carpet!

Having had carpet put in our last three houses, I wish I could give good advice about the best carpet do put in, choosing colors, etc.   The only thing I seem to ever learn is what NOT to do.

This sums up my past carpet choices. 

Lesson #1 - San Antonio Home - White berber.  Didn't realize it was going to be that white.  Rex threw up on it during the first week and we never got the spot out.  

Here's a shot of the white berber in a little photo I would title:
"Playing with New Baby Brother"
He is now 5 and outweighs her.  She had to have her fun while it lasted.

Lesson #2 - Big Spring Home - We did a fluffy shag-type brown with spots.  Better with stains (I know because I spilled a great deal of paint in one room and besides being a little crunchy in that spot, you couldn't see anything.)  However, it felt dirty...like each fiber was absorbing dirt and hair and popcicle juice and coffee.  Once Marc got a bad fever and decided to sleep on the floor.  He proceeded to sweat profusely for several hours and I'm pretty sure the carpet was never clean after that.
"New Baby Shelby on Sweaty Gross Big Spring Carpet"
Of course she didn't know any better.
 In what can only be described as an ADD moment in my life, I chose three different carpets for three different rooms for our new home.  We just got it installed this week.

Master bedroom = wavy
I am not feeling this color.


Rex is looking a little seasick.
Carly's room has an organic motif.

You cannot see the motif very well.  Come over and have a look.
 
Conrad's carpet is brown with a "dotty" design.
Brown...dotty... This is my favorite.
Maybe, just maybe...there is no perfect carpet???? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm fairly confident one of my dogs peed on the "Sweaty Gross Big Spring Carpet". Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to choose the "right" carpet. This time we went with wood. It is so easy to clean and we don't have as many allergy issues.

    ReplyDelete