Friday, November 26, 2010

Ode to Santa Cruz, Bolivia

I just finished painting the bathroom cabinets. 

With all my "formal" training (HGTV watching,) I was surprised that I had failed to forecast what was about to happen:  my forest green flooring and coordinating forest green counter tops would look extra foresty green when paired with white. 

"What's wrong with green and white?"
Not everyone has a problem with Forest Green.  It was really popular in the 90s.  In fact, I think it was invented in the nineties.
You know who appreciates Forest Green?  Ole Ralph Lauren.

I kept thinking.  This reminds me of something.
My husband is a Boston Celtics fan.

What could it be?
Green is all the rage!

And why should I have such a problem with Green and White?  Why do I have the sudden urge to sledgehammer the tile floor and throw sticks of dynamite in the sinks?

Drum roll...here is the unveiling!  Remember, you voted on this!

And here she is!  2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint later.
What can I say?  I am muy popular in Santa Cruz, Bolivia!  ¡Olé!
La Bandera Oficial de Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Any good black Friday deals on dynamite and sledgehammers?

2 comments:

  1. I smell pine...after reading this!!
    lol Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good job of painting the cabinets! And the online picture looks more grey/black/olive. Are you getting used to it yet?

    ReplyDelete