Sunday, June 5, 2011

Digital Mood Boards

Chances are, if you have talked to me over the past week, we have had some sort of discussion about my kitchen. My complete lack of direction was stressing me out.  I needed a mental picture, but my imagination failed me.  In fact, I think I lost my imagination back in the 1990s sometime.

I decided to start compiling several elements together on a Keynote slide (that would be the same thing as Power Point for those of you PC people) to figure out where I am heading.

I started by picking out the things I already have like:

Chandelier from LampsPlus

Rug from Overstock

Art from World Market

Wall color from Benjamin Moore
Then I started "shopping" for other things I like such as:
This paint color from Benjamin Moore

This fabric from sewmamasew.com

This ceramic woodgrain tile
And I was able to use screen shots (Command+shift+4) or just drag and drop everything onto my slide in Keynote to create a Mood Board (click here for some really cool MoodBoards)
I think I like it!
This will require me to repaint the wainscot that I never liked, but I am finally feeling some peace about where this project is heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment