Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Closet Is Trying to Tell me Something


My closet is dead set on getting a message across. 

"I can no longer support the weight of your massive wardrobe.  You have a problem."


I just cannot imagine what it is trying to say, when I awoke the other morning and for the second time this month, my desiner-esque clothing was once again in a tangled heap on the closet floor.
"Have you watched Hoarders?  If I had phone access, I would be making contact with the producer."
I had already replaced the piece that had broken once.
It was smiling before it came to its untimely death.
Since that was not working, I sought help at ACE Hardware, 
where I explained my situation.
"I have a lot of clothing.
So much so that my hardware keeps breaking.
It doesn't rip out the screws from the wall,
It just cracks from the shear force of the weight
of my wardrobe,  which I have collected,
dating back to 1995."
(No kidding.  You should see my denim CK vest and matching mini*. 
*Which I never wear.)

The ACE man looked at me weird, 
led to to an aisle
and shoved a package of new metal hardware into my hand.
He then mumbled something about considering adding another rod.

I'm going to assume it is a titanium alloy of some sort.
Lucky for me, 
I have an outlet in my closet.
So I was able to drill new holes.
You see, I might have a CK vest from 1995,
but I do not have a cordless drill.
Priorities, people.

Here she is, all fixed!
At which point my closet made one last attempt to tell me something,
when the hardware on the other end immediately broke.

Lucky for me, the package came with a set of two!
Yay!  I think I will celebrate with a little Post-Christmas Sale Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny. I had my wife send 8 bags of clothing to Good Will because I noticed that our rod was starting to bend.

    ReplyDelete