Thursday, December 30, 2010

The heirloom painting continues

Grab your family heirlooms and put up gramma's china...cause I'm in an heirloom painting mood!

One of my grandmother's paintings, this is a canvas print.
I have never liked the gold on this frame, and it has kept me from hanging this lovely print of Notre Dame.  The original is hanging in my grandmother's sister's home (I guess that would be my great aunt's home) and I had admired it once.  In that sweet little way that grandma's do, she heard me and took it to heart, and had this made for me the year she passed away.  Which I treasured.  But just not feeling the frame.

So I did the fireplace special on it (you know what I am talking about if you have read my posts about painting brass fireplace frames.)

That's right, I spray painted it.
I am just now realizing how tacky that sounds.  Robert Earl Keene should write a song entitled, "I spray painted it."

Anyway, this is how it looks over the bed.
Again, it is really not that shiny in person.  
So happy to hang this treasure and share Granny Nelle's fabulous work of art with others, not to mention the warm feeling it gives me knowing what a gift this painting was and is.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!! I also changed out the frame on my Granny Nelle painting. She was a wonderful artist but went a little overboard on the tacky frames...

    Oh, and that pillow in the middle of your bed goes SO well with the decor. Nothing like a custom touch to the room!

    ReplyDelete