Sunday, May 9, 2010

White after Labor Day

We need to have a little chat about the color white.
Check out this photo of my cute little guy:
 
 
*Most likely, it is not Jan 1, 2007.  
I had issues with my old camera and after setting the date 
about 7,000 times, only to have it reset each time I turned it off, 
I gave up on the process and it became 
New Year's Day every day for several years. 

However, let's assume that this photo was, in fact, taken sometime between Labor Day and Easter, just for argument's sake.  In the background of the photo, my house is CLEARLY wearing white (plastic rain gutters.)  Being the fashionista that I am (on a budget, who shops at Target) I could not allow this travesty to go on.  My house was embarrassing itself in front of others.  The other houses in the neighborhood were beginning to point and laugh.  
So I took a little trip to Sherwin Williams to explain my hot mess to the experts.  The solution:

 *Thanks to a new camera, it is no longer 01/01/2007

This little can right here, Bonding Primer.  You paint it on your white plastic rain gutters, it dries very quickly, then you paint over it with your house paint.  
This is the final product ONE YEAR later:

Isn't she pretty with her new uniform accessories?  No embarrassing peeling, bubbling, or white after Labor Day.
Unfortunately, she is showing her age in the back.  I captured this photo of the junk in her trunk:

Bless her. 
All of us thirty somethings can relate to this simple fact:
Sometimes paint is not enough. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great comparison - yes, the gutters are falling and just wait 'til the old house (body) hits 50+. Another good laugh from Mo.

    ReplyDelete